Tuesday, April 26, 2011

So lazy....


I really am just awful keeping up with this blog. So to the few of you who keep checking in to see if anything new has come about... apologies.

A quick run down of career stuff since I last posted:

Shy of Normal: Tales of New Life Experiences (2011) made its big screen debut on February 19, 2011, followed by a very nice after-party for the cast and crew. I'll be submitting the title to film festivals throughout the summer with a Fall DVD release planned, likely through TempeDVD.

In early February I spent a week in Los Angeles, CA filming SCREAMING IN HIGH HEELS: THE RISE & FALL OF THE SCREAM QUEEN ERA. It's a documentary I've been trying to get off the ground since 2007 and finally found a small group of investors to get it in front of the camera. The doc tells the story of three b movie actresses - Linnea Quigley, Brinke Stevens and Michelle Bauer - whose unexpected rise to cult fame was the result of the video-era boom of the 1980s. Also featured are directors Fred Olen Ray, David DeCoteau, Ted Newsom, plus actors Richard Gabai and Jay Richardson and screenwriter Ken Hall, all discussing their roles in the era and work with the femme fatales. Editing by Derrick Carey - who also edited my 2010 documentary SLEEPLESS NIGHTS: REVISITING THE SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRES - is currently underway with a premiere date set for Chicago's Flashback Weekend of Horror in August. Television airings are anticipated sometime thereafter.

TODAY I am officially beginning to write my children's book I've long spouted off about. It's a self-discovery tale set around Christmas time. Many years and tiny pieces of paper with ideas scribbled all over them have been combined over the last 5 days in my dining room using a classical paradigm chart to get my brain juices flowing. Wish me luck.

Finally, the semester is winding down for me at the University of Wisconsin - Parkside. I've been lecturing "Film Genres: Horror" this semester and had a great time sharing over a century's worth of horror trivia and images with a new generation. I only hope they've taken something away from it. Next Monday is my final lecture of the semester, with an exam and final paper to follow on May 9th. Hard to believe it's already the end of the school year! Happily, I have officially been asked to return in the Fall 2011 to teach "Intro to Film" for the third time.

Planning to spend my summer break pulling all these current projects together and wrapping them up by the time I go back in the Fall.

Thanks for catching up. I'll try to be better at keeping this blog more current... as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment