Saturday, August 18, 2012

Been a while....

Huh. This is going to sound bad, but I completely forgot I had a blog. Terrible, right? I guess it shows my change in attitude towards self promotion. I have, however, been busy promoting three films lately: my documentary SCREAMING IN HIGH HEELS (due August 28th on unrated DVD and currently airing on NBCUninversal's Chiller TV - See TRAILER); my new thriller SAFE INSIDE which should see release in 2013 (see TRAILER); and some PR work on COUGAR CULT, a flick which I only have connection to in reuniting its three leads (Brinke Stevens, Linnea Quigley and Michelle Bauer) with director David DeCoteau after a 25 years in SCREAMING.
I've also just recently discovered how much damage can be done thru piracy. Yes, SCREAMING IN HIGH HEELS was stolen by use of a "reviewer" who obtained a pre-release screener for the film then through their own selfish acts uploaded the entire film to the internet for others to watch for free. Within hours it had spread to over 100 other torrent sites, forever damaging any opportunity for my investors and myself to see a return on profit. Two years of hard work and stress flushed in the click of a button. So now the damage is done. We move forward trying to promote the title harder - pick up as many pieces as we can. It will forever change how I release advance viewings of any projects. It will forever change my trust in others.

No comments:

Post a Comment